If you have Subscription tickets and are unable to attend the opera, consider donating your tickets back to San Diego Opera! You’ll not only help the Opera, you’ll give other opera fans the opportunity to attend the performance.
- To donate your tickets: Simply call San Diego Opera’s Patron Services Department at (619)-533-7000.
- We REQUEST at least 24 hours notice to the date and time on the ticket. The more lead time we have increases the opportunity to resell your seats.
- Very Important: Once we have received your ticket donation information and returned your ticket to inventory for resale, the ticket you have in hand instantly becomes null and void. Please be sure to shred or tear up your donated tickets.
- Donated tickets are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- We will mail you an acknowledgement if we receive your tickets by the above deadline.
- Ticket donations cannot be applied to Membership contributions.
Ways to Exchange Your Subscription Tickets
BY PHONE: Why wait? It's easy, just call (619) 533-7000 and let our Patron Services department assist you NOW with your exchange and locate that perfect seat while you're on the phone.
At the San Diego Opera Ticket Office – Bring your tickets to San Diego Opera's Ticket Office, 237 A Street, Centre City Building, Downtown San Diego, 92101, between 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday. There is no service fee for exchanges done in person.
At the Theatre – Tickets for FUTURE PERFORMANCES can be exchanged at Patron Services Table, in the lobby of the Civic Theatre, at San Diego Opera performances. (Same day event exchanges are not available). Our Patron Services staff will be happy to assist you beginning 1.5 hours prior to curtain through the first intermission. Please, bring the tickets you would like changed to the theatre - our staff will not be able to complete an exchange without the tickets being present.
Exchanging Your Subscription Tickets GuidelinesThe Ticket Exchange Service is an exclusive benefit available only to Subscribers.
- Exchanges must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the time and date on your ticket.
- Exchanges will only be made from one performance to any other performance of the same opera (i.e. tickets cannot be exchanged from one opera to another opera).
- Exchanges are based on availability. Comparable seats are not guaranteed, although we do our best to accommodate.
- If your exchange request cannot be filled, your original subscription ticket can be reprinted.
- Saturday Exchanges: An upgrade fee will be charged for exchanges into the Orchestra, Lower Loge, Dress Circle-1 and Mezzanine-1 sections for Saturday performances.
- Upgrades for section changes: an upgrade fee will be charged for exchanges into a higher priced section.
- There are NO REFUNDS given on exchanges.